Friday, February 01, 2008

Holy Moses

K SO THIS WEEK AT TRI-STATE:

At work, they have two nicknames for me: "wax onwax off" cuz I like cars, and "Newby"...

I got asked out 3 times yesterday....ridiculous; the most memorable attempt that was preceded by multiple "accidental" hand grabs on his part was as follows;


"guy:So you wanna go to lunch?"
" me: I just got done with lunch."
" guy: well, Iiiiii think you should take another one, your friend'll cover for ya."
"co-worker
: no, I wont."
" guy:*searches my eyes* so...you don't want to go to lunch with me?"
" me: um, no, thanks for asking though."
" guy-oh....ok (hurt puppy look)"....

It wasn't as flattering as it sounds

One guy came into Tri state and he had a cross tattooed on his left ring finger so being the curious, talkative cashier I am I asked him if it represented anything...He then told me about how he proposed to a girl and five days later she got killed, so he got that tattoo....I felt awful for asking and all I could muster saying was, "that's a sweet story though, least you have faith though right?" The guy kinda smiled, and said, "yeah...You're the first person to ever ask why I have this." It was then I didn't know what to say so I handed him his receipt, gave a sympathetic/sorry smile, and let him go on his way...what a guy, what a life. I felt kinda stupid saying it was a sweet story, but at the same time it's better than just saying "oh, bummer."

Today, as I rung people up I made a comment on a Washington license that I liked how they have a little heart to show they're a donor. The next guy in line gave me his ID and he must have known I was lookin' for the heart cuz he said, "I don't have a heart on mine, I'm a receiver." and I looked up at him and he had the kindest face ever, but I could tell he was tired. His wife rubbed his back sweetly as he told me that. "Awesome, what a lucky guy." I said, he smiled they went on their way and I was suddenly very appreciative of my organs.

And now work is done 'til Monday, I've survived my second week, and get to sleep in tomorrow! Hallelujah! I plan on snowboarding down some local hills, sample some local cuisine, and watch some unlocal football in which the Patriots will kick all ass and I will be in a permanently good mood until Feb. 14th....black Thursday.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, you could always go out with Eric on the 14th:)dunno if that would lighten things up or not. but there you go.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Oh, Idaho said...

...BE GOOD ANNA >:(

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes ma'am!;)

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about those Giants...

1:19 PM  
Blogger Oh, Idaho said...

SILENCE! I KIll you...!!!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home