Sunday, January 06, 2008

Winds of Change

Sometimes things happen just because they can and it will feel good if only for a short while. The best things happen when you aren't expecting them, this has been proven to me in my life countless times. But then, the things that made you feel so alive and happy and smile all day cease to exist and you're left wondering why they happened in the first place if they were just gonna leave and cause you pain...I know I wonder that, I am right now and I have decided that they help you learn about yourself. You learn what you like, you learn what you can handle, you learn what annoys you, and you learn how you react to things whether they be good or bad. You learn what means the most to you, and most importantly how to treat others, how to love others, and how to let others go the ways they want to go.

Funny part about me writing this is that the title WINDS OF CHANGE just came to me cuz my life is going through a period of transition. ..hard as hell sometimes but I'm getting by...but now I remember what happened yesterday: A HUGE windstorm swept through the Columbia basin leaving a trail of rubble and forcing evacuations for many of WW's citizens. These people weren't expecting this storm, and were concerned when it started making such uncomfortable changes in their lives. Though this is true, the storm subsided as all storms do, the sun came out as it always does, and though peoples' lives were changed by it the storm it is just one in a zillion changes throughout their lives and it will be another memory to tell their children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and future spouses. It's not necessarily something bad, but something incredible that came out of the blue, changed things around and left them a little different then they were before...not necessarily bad, just different, something to learn from...some may be more appreciative, maybe more accepting, maybe more contemplative, but nevertheless, a change came and went and their lives will progress. THOSE were winds of change.

On a completely different note, I use to think that things will be ok if you let them lie and put up with them in your life...WRONG! There's a difference between being sweet and being a pushover...no longer am I as much of a pushover as I was...I still let things slide, but I have taken a stand more, and its good. I may be pretty laid back, but I don't let things that annoy start to be things that annoy to the point of pain...if that makes sense.

You know me, I hate change. I hate letting go of things I want, I hate accepting the fact that I can't change certain things, and I hate when what I want isn't what's suppose to be. I don't know what's gonna happen to me this semester, as of tonight I have no more questions cuz they have all been answered. I am a woman with all the answers to the most recent questions and I have no other choice but to get involved in something, invest in something I love, and try as hard as I can to not live in the past...I have a tendancy to reminisce so I hope I can push forward faster.

Happy 2nd semester everyone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate change too Kels.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home