Monday, August 18, 2008

Ah, Monday.

I don't usually start delivering stuff until bout ten or eleven during the day, but Steve wanted me to do my errands first thing when I got to work. I didn't think anything of it until I got back and saw that Otto's was a madhouse with expectant customers both influenced by the fact that it's Monday and being effected by the heat...aka people were cranky. I kept up my smile and took the blame for everything; "Yeah, sorry it's so hot outside...Sorry that Tomato's bruised...We've been out of Klicker Berries for about a month now. "Why!?!" ...because they aren't growing them anymore."

All this I could handle, people are always like this on Mondays. All of a sudden Steve said the dreaded words, "sure CK, Kels can make you a wrap." My back grew hot, my heart started to thump...I had to make CK a wrap...Ooooh goodness. Steve told me which ingredients CK usually had on his wraps, so I took very careful notes and wrote them down...it turned out my precautions were soo not good enough.
"My dear, what the hell are you putting that on there for?"
"Steve said you like this, would you like something different today?"
"I don't remember saying anything to the President about this."
(....2 Minute pause)
"NO, LADY! I don't want OLIVES!"
"Mmmk, CK."
"NO, LADY I don't want that dressing! Use the other one!"
"This one?"
"Yes, THAT ONE...NO! NOT that ONE!"
*I get frusterated*"CK, How 'bout you just come back here and show me which sauce you want."
*takes three minutes to decide, while my boss is shaking his head, laughing, and pittying the situation all at the same time*
"This one!"
"Alrighty."
"No Mayonayse, it makes me feel like I've eaten five meals in this heat!!"
"I'm not gonna put mayo on it, CK, I didn't get it out."
"My dear I have to go will you just give me my food already."


He mumbled something as he took it away.

About an hour later some frat boys came in without shirts on and leaving a trail of cigarette smell and sweat behind them...Not impressive. I gave them an "are you kidding me?" look to which two of them got the point and put their shirts on...sort of, more like put their head through the hole and that was all I deserved. Wow. After they showed THEIR true colors of impatience, prejudice, and inflated egos it was 12:30. Hallelujah!
School starts in a week! I'm exicted!

2 Comments:

Blogger Evan Gunn said...

the other night, after finishing a steak, Tom Banks lit up a ciggarette. it was the best thing he could have done for the moment because we were outside and the cigarette smoke smelled like gold. It was rad.

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow I miss having stories like that from Baskin Robbins, hahaha way to go Kels, School starts in a week!!! oh btw does school start on Monday or Wednesday this year???

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home