Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Never thought I'd see the day

Secondary thought: I have been single now for eight months...woah.

Something's been bugging me on and off but now I'm brave enough to stand up...via blog.
I have a friend who got engaged about a month or so ago. He's always been a really good friend; really good at emailing, calling, visiting when he can, just an all around stellar friend. Then he did what I never thought he would do and always hoped he wouldn't...He fell off the face of the planet. I always thought he'd never be the kind of guy that would forget all of his platonic friends when he got a romantic interest.
Weddings take a lot of time to plan, trust me, I know, I helped my sister...But when it comes to the groom they don't have to do much by way of planning because it's the brides family that is the one that pays for the wedding...So why would a person fall off the face of the earth like this? I haven't talked to him since May..MAY! Since we turned into friends the most we went without talking was 2 weeks at most. What's getting me the most is the fact that the one person who hated when guys did this the most is doing the exact same thing.
When I had a boyfriend I made sure to not become exclusive for only his eyes to see. I still found TIME to hang out with my friends, I still had Tiiiime to call people because I didn't want to make it seem like he was the only person I cared about. I found time to make time and I always thought this person would be the same.
I'm glad he's found what he's looking for. He's far away and has a life and that is wonderful, but his friends were here for him in the previous chapters in his life, too. I just wish there could be a sign that would let me know he's still the good ol' friend he use to be.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Matt. >:(
See our angry eyes?

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And if you weren't talking about Matt* it still applies.



*Names have not been changed to protect the guilty.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Jesse Lee Breshears said...

wow that would make me mad to trust me i may only be 13 years old but i have been through something like that, im not going to say much about you friend because i don't know him but in my opinion he seems like the type of guy who is great one moment then is gone the next just because he has better things to do.
tell me if im wrong,i dont want to come out as a b****.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah...... my comment today is "no comment" I'm not getting into this one. ;)
Anna

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good move, kiddo.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is that supposed to mean??? just currious I don't get it....
anna

9:38 AM  
Blogger Evan Gunn said...

My advice: Move on and don't make a federal case about it. No one needs to be confronted about anything. If he is making a bad decision it will bite him later. Or maybe he just does not want to talk to you. Think about that.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Oh, Idaho said...

Don't worry, Gun. I'm not gonna confront anyone, I'm not a Wilson like you ;). I will miss you when I'm in Boise though

12:09 AM  
Blogger Evan Gunn said...

when you think of confronting people, think of Graeme. not wilsons all together.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe we just don't want him to get bit because we care Gunn, think about that...
ps did we ask for advice...oh wait your a wilson I forgot sorry..:)

8:29 PM  
Blogger Evan Gunn said...

When you write a blog, expect people to put in their two cents. But Anna, you don't really know if he is making a dumb decision so you have evidence to confront him. To me this sounds like not that big of deal. Really you could call him and say something like, "Hey, (persons name). i just want to know how you are doing, because we haven't talked in ages". Maybe you could get a real answer out of him rather than just talking about how much fault he is at.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha oh Gunn...hahahha yeah

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok ok it's time.........and new blog! :)

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home