Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Earthly Father

Today as we all know iiiiiiiis Fathers Day! I wished my Pastor happy fathers day in the middle of announcements at church when he asked if anyone had any announcements or prayer requests. It was a pretty priceless look on his face when he said, "Indeed thank you, Kelsey..." I don't think anything tops the look of Evan Wilson's blank stare in your direction on a Sunday morning with the rest of the congregation smiling sympathetically at you. Wonderful.
Many of you readers (whoever you are) know the man that is my father, William Hebert, aka Wild Bill. You know he drums, you know he owns his own business, you know he loves to do things for people. One thing I think people never realize about my dad is how extremely selfless he is. Besides sacrificing lazy summer nights with our family to work so that he can keep supporting us, he willingly mows my neighbors' yards as a surprise for them, he will take time out of his crazy schedule to clean up the coffee stains in our church if he notices them, he will make time for anyone that needs him, and never complains...EVER. I wish I were half the person he is. To be so selfless and loving to everyone in his life and putting all of our needs is very rare in a person, and my father does it consistently without hesitation. I hope I become half the person he is. Here's a song dedicated to my dad by one of his favorite bands, Bread. The lead singer wrote it about his own dad.


thank you, Dad.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home