Saturday, June 07, 2008

Holy Math

Ever heard of a fractal? They are one of my favorite things on this entire earth, and what they are basically is math as art. Here's how they work: You have a really complex mathematical equation and from that you check each character in the equation to see how fast it goes to infinity. You enter that into a program on your computer that's mapped out to a colour and it creates a pattern from the math like this one below
To me fractals prove God exists more than most things. Who would have thought that even MATH can be beautiful? It really shows that thought was put into everything in the world and that it's impossible that this could happen "randomly". My sister, Tara is really good at noticing things from the world and then tying them back to biblical standards, phrases, and beliefs. Once I walked upstairs and heard her and my mom talking about trees reflecting God's untouchable brilliance. What she was saying was ingenious, and sounds a lot like fractals. She said that a tree is completely perfect in every angle and is pleasing to the eye because of that. It may look random and poorly structured with all the branches going their own ways, but that in itself is actually mathematically perfect. It just LOOKS unpredictable(just like fractals) when in fact the branches are all doing exactly what they are suppose to do and are more complicated than anyone could comprehend.

The reason I wrote about fractals today is because in the preschool room where I work pictures of fractals line the ceiling and I was lookin' at them yesterday and one little girl asked me what they were so I got to explain it to her...I don't think she understood but she smiled at me and said "oh, ok." when I was all done with my little fractal rant. The End.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that really is beautiful and amazing, Kels. That's one thing I really love about you and your family....you look for God in everything. Luv ya girl, hope you have a good day.
ann

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home