Thursday, May 22, 2008

There Goes My Hero

Here we go again:


...another one of my friends is off to basic training to protect Americana. That's the 5th one I know on a deeper level than names. I love that I know all these warrior brothers, as Cpt'n Storm would call them. I really think of them as heroes. It takes a certain amount of courage to devote yourself to verbal abuse, physical and emotional turmoil, and come out as strong and focused as so many soldiers do. So far I know 4 Army soldiers and 1 Marine. They're all upstanding young men and I am so grateful to them for what they do and the obligation they gladly carry.

Shallow News! I am in the market for a laptop! If my parents agree I'll only have to pay for half, and since one of my closest friends is selling it to me, it'll be FREAKISHLY cheap for the quality of the computer...Now I just gotta hope my superiors think it's as good of an idea as I do and help...It's a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'll never find a deal this good anywhere else...ever.

I saw Indiana Jones! It was IIIINCREDIBLE! So so so so so good! I highly suggest everyone go see it, as well as Ironman...but see Indiana Jones first cuz it's really fun and very amusing.

I know a lot of people with trust issues. It's almost considered a poor excuse for being flaky, but it's really not that at all. I've had them before, still do sometimes, and it really can consume a life. But so many don't notice when it's time to not let it scare them anymore or if they do notice, they are still so scared. So many people miss the opportunity to trust, and in that miss the opportunity to feel truly safe again. Let me tell you something: Dare to trust. Use it wisely of course, but if there's someone in your life that you know would never hurt you or use your word against you, listen to yourself. You feel this way because it's true, so take a stand, look fear in the eye and let your heart be unguarded. There's a quote from a movie I know that is perfect for this, "...You wanna do something really great? Have the courage to fail big and stick around, make them wonder why you're still smiling. That's true greatness to me..." I dare you to trust, if it's someone worthy it's the best feeling in the world.

That's about it. Lazy summer nights as always, demon toddlers, and an endless dance in my heart. God is good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, thanks Kels! :)

Hope you have an awesome lazy/adventurous summer full of God!

--PVT Hedges

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home