Saturday, April 19, 2008

Don't try to hold my hand if I avoid you.

Woah, I almost forgot my password again.hahah! Anyways, guys, I'm registered! Woohoo! College! For Real! III know!! I will have two classes with Fanna, too. woo!

I now work at a preschool and I love love love it! Granted, I already kinda got one of their little tummy virus' but being the awesome adult I am it didn't last me more than 4 hours thankfully. I plan on staying here for a very long time, I'm glad I have this job, it actually resembles what I want to do with my life, which is awesome. The job is easy, but tiring, it takes a lot of patience and a certain work ethic, both of which I have so it works out wonderfully. I'm still a little cautious and unsure just because I have to take first aid/cpr class since I'm working with little kids, but other than that I'm confident in myself and my abilities to make a difference here.

K, now's the time where I rant for a little bit....What the freakin' HECK must a man be thinking when he sneaks up on a girl who does NOT seak him out and TRY TO HOLD HER HAND? Is that just a lack of common sense or something deeper and more serious? I've been wondering since 11 oclock this morning and I'm still insulted by it. I think I have a right to be. If it had been any other of my guy friends I woulda thought, "aw, that was cute." but with this I thought, "what is your major maaaaaaalFUNCTION!?" So I glared and I pulled my hand away and he looked like a four year old that just got yelled at. No, it wasn't even as cute as that, it looked like a potential stalker getting his imaginary fantasy broken into a million pieces...GOOD! Ugh.

Looks can be so deceiving. When I first saw this person I wasn't single at the time but I thought,"wow, he is really handsome." I would talk to him and the shallow things we'd say led me to believe he was cool, confident, and had a good sense of independence...No. He doesn't.

I don't mean to sound horrible or rude, but this is my blog and when things affect me enough I write about them. Should I not be as nice to him as I am to everyone else? I am actually asking you, that wasn't rhetorical. Sometimes I wonder about myself, because I try to treat everyone like they have my full attention; it is what I do, I don't like being rude and I'm bad at being stand-offish cuz it is not my character and THEN when I do act that way I feel bad...so what do I do? Er, what SHOULD I do rather?

I have one friend that I have known since I was three. He was a good guy, never an academic person, but no matter, we were friends none the less. Throughout our school days I wanted to be his friend and was infatuated with him and he had his eye on all the other girls in the class. Three years ago he went into the army, got deployed to Iraq and found me on myspace. We talked and he told me that throughout his entire life, I was the only girl he's grown up with that has actually treated him the same even though he's so different from what he was raised to be. He's into a whole bunch of stuff that is considered bad, but when I see him, though I don't agree with him and he kind of scares me sometimes, I act the same as I always have. I don't know if this is good of me or foolish, but I can't bring myself to act coldly to him, or anyone for that matter. I haven't been flirtatious with him since middle school, but I always listen to him. I'm not praising myself, on the contrary I have many issues with being assertive, but what good would it do to treat someone like a vermin? Is it true that with guys like The Confused Soldier and Mr. Hand Holder that if you are nice to them they think they have a chance no matter what? If so this world is even more messed up than I thought.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gonna beat that mormon!!!!!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHAHA. Some Mormon guy tried to hold your hand? AHAHAHAHAHA.

(Ok. So I'm a little loopy after TEN HOURS of sewing drama costumes for the school play on the weekend.)

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha it's not that funny......he's not just any Mormon guy, serriously it's a good thing he's not practicing/doing the door to door witnessing.
If he were, he'd never leave anyone's house, they'd have to call the police to get him out of their doorway, and even then he'd be saying, "oh but were really good friends, you do think of me as more than just a witness, don't you? Here, take a complementary pen!"
GOSH talk about persistent.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So give him the cold shoulder and tell him to get lost or you'll get a restraining order. And then GET ONE. Or sick Tim on him.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, actually Bill Hebert's threatened to beat him if either one of us need it....lol

5:43 PM  
Blogger Oh, Idaho said...

K, guyyys, Be nice. It has nothing to do with him being mormon.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home