Friday, April 04, 2008

Answer me this.

When do you cross the line from being a supportive friend to being ridiculous and a wimpy friend? Say you have a friend that wants to become a samurai but they have horrible rhythm, they're clumsy, and they don't have a sword. Do you say, "friend, I care about you enough to say that this is a mistake." or, "friend, I try to be accepting of everyone and I'll support you in this even if others will talk and think it ridiculous."


(note: this is NOT by any means a "look-at-how-good-of-a-friend-i-am" note.)


This kind of stuff has been my struggle lately; is there such a thing as being supporting of the wrong thing? Do you think a person can appear fake if they're there for everyone's feats of life which they ask this person to be a part of? I guess what I'm asking is this; is there such a thing as being supportive to the point of being cowardly, and if so, where's the line? Let me know guys, cuz as of now I could use another voice besides my own.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

first off, love the picture and caption! Good movie.
Second, yes it's possible to be "supportive" to the point of being cowardly.
Third, the line is a tough one; but I gotta say that the aspiring samurai will have a better life if you tell them they don't have a sword and that you don't think it's their field. The most important thing is when doing this, it MUST be done out of love; and your prayers for the person need to accompany the act of crushing dreams, no matter how crazy the dream.
Honesty is an AWESOME policy, esp. when Christian love and tact are there too. And your great at love and tact in situations like that, (I should know right =D) that's my input anyway.
~Ann

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since when does Ann want to become a samurai?

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahahahaha...sorry but the bit about the samurai just knocked me down laughing. Good stuff.

Someone said something about love, and I'd be inclined to accept that as the best general policy. But at the same time, whether it hurts or not, giving your actual opinion becomes a necessary part of being an honest friend. Your true friends already know you're sharp, so they'll know that when you choose to be blunt (haha, get it?) it's for a reason. Nothing says "I love you" like a reality check.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah but only a reality check done with tact and love!!!! that part is important!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW I've always wanted to be a samurai medic, didn't you know?! I gave up on it even though a sword wasn't required. It was my greatest aspiration of all time, oh well.

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annarai Samurai to the rescue! With her stethascope swinging from her neck, knocking unsuspecting patients to the floor, she kicks through the ER doors, just in time to save the male nurse from certain death by... whoops.
"BUAHAHAHAHA" Dr. Evil laughs. "You're too late! I've just inserted this B-vitamin complex into the nurse's artery. He should energize himself to death in 10 minutes."
"What?!? NOOOOOOOO! It's never too late for Annarai Samurai!"

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tune in next time for "The Mis-adventures of Annarai Samurai: Nurse Without a Sword"

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops. I forgot the end mark. There. .

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha Becky, I LOVE it!!! You should pitch the idea to Matt for his next "Mighty Idaho" comic book. :)

I think I might make a name tag that says that for work, "Annarai Samurai:Nurse without a sword"

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, we've already got black ninjas, one with allergies, and a psycho teacher with a cattle prod. Why not a nurse saumrai?

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home