Thursday, June 26, 2008

I miss country swing

Sodium- It's gonna be the death of me! Honestly, I'm sure that if I didn't eat Taco Bell/ drink coke more than once a week(I eat taco bell about 3 times a week) I would be five pounds lighter and have tons more energy...I know this for a fact because I tried it earlier this summer and though I was glad I had the results I did, I caved and went right back...I've gained 3 of the lbs back. lame.

I'm really excited for the day that Anna gets a real cell phone...You know you're crazy-close friends when HER use of minutes on her go phone gets you annoyed...and you don't even have to pay for it.

I really need to remember to stretch before I hula because, as my instructor said if you don't stretch you'll hurt something, and I did...My lower back's totally messed up..damnit.

But, I do not want to talk about sodium or my weight. I want to talk about how you remember people. For me, all my friends have their own picture in my brain. You know how on a cell phone you can assign a picture to people? Think of that in your mind with every person you've ever met. With my main group of people it's usually an actual picture I've actually seen of them: With the sun behind them, black and white ultra super contrasty, pineapples covering half their face, kissing their significant other, laughing at someone telling a story, hugging a pillow seductively, sitting in a classic car lookin sexy, and of course a candid moment where you know they were making a decision. My room is filled with the most iconic pictures of my social network and I love it because they're ALL either framed or matted onto something...almost like a scrapbook..woah!

I guess I'm talkin' about this because I just got done hanging out with three people that have helped shape my life in one way or another. Some of us haden't seen each other in two months, but it's funny how certain things can bond people together so that even if they've been away for a long time they can just pick up right where they left off without having to make small talk and feel awkward...It's even funnier if you're not quite sure WHAT the bond is.

This summer is so different from last summer. It's not nearly as memorable yet and has actually been kinda stressful...but I'm surprisingly ok with it. It's taken a tole on my mind sometimes, but lookin' at the big picture instead of the unfortunate holdups helps. Money is a b*tch any way you look at it, but remembering that there's always a chance to go home, chill, hang out with friends, and drive around with the windows down really helps. I guess I'm just focused enough to know that I have real adult responsibilities and I am gonna be on my own soon. I know there's a time for play, a time for work, a time for romance, a time for singleness, a time for waiting, and a time for taking chances and right now I'm open to anything pretty much but am very determined to not only stay afloat, but glide above and I am not letting anything get in the way of that.
Lovelovelovelovelove,
-KJH-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home