Thursday, July 24, 2008

Girl Talk

Today dad told me there’s nothing less attractive than a girl that is openly longing for a boyfriend...I’m happy to say I’m not. I’m comfortable with where I am. If a wonderful man presents himself to me and I find it in my heart to think “wow”, then awesome. Hook me up. I’m not settling for anything less than butterflies, permanent smiles, and consistent daydreaming.

He told me this in the context of being excited about life and all the great things that are happening to me that I seem to not realize. In a month I’ll be on my own, and in college full time...I’ll have to be more responsible than I’ve ever been my entire life. I’m petrified to spend money, I’m already wondering if I’ll make rent alright, and I don’t even know how much my electric bill will be let alone food. World, go easy on me, I’m going to be very, very new at this.

I have two emotions these days: Happiness, and Missing. I’m so freakin’sick of missing people. If I didn’t care, I wouldn’t miss and it would be great. But, I care a lot, so I miss a lot and it’s so freakin’annoying! Especially when you put yourself out there enough to send a text saying hey, how are ya or hey, I miss you and you get nothing in reply.

~~Internet malfunction~~

A short cat story:
Today I was sitting outside on my laptop minding my own business and I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and low and behold, there’s Sweets! Stalking me! She saw me spot her so she RAN up to me, batted at my wenus(hahaha) and then ran away like a racoon on crack...cats.

I leave you now with a line from the Eagles song I’m being serenaded by “...I believe in second chances, I believe in Angels, too. I believe in new romances, baby I believe in you...”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no more cloudy days my friend!

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home