Saturday, January 13, 2007

MMM

Tonight, I cut someone off...It was a cop. I got busted. LUCKILY, he was attractive and I was smiley from the previous events of the night so it all turned out all right. No ticket and a really good smile...Thanks mom and dad for my beneficial genetics.

But flirting with cops is not what this post is about. This post is about what is seen almost every day, but still one of the most attractive things in life because it's underrated and natural. There is nothing better than a sleepy, happy guy. If they aren't moody it makes it even more appealing. But really, think about it; they aren't trying to put on a show, they aren't trying to impress you. All they're doing is rubbing their eyes with the back of their hand and leaning into your hand if you touch them on the shoulder. A sleepy man always looks warm and looks like he'd feel soft to the touch. Their hugs are extended and their scent is to die for.(At least the good smelling guys.:) )
I visited a sleepy friend tonight. I brought him a long overdue gift and a Christmas gift, along with some easy conversation. His month was filled with warmth and work-now he's returned to 5 degree weather and school papers and reading. We listened to music and his voice sounded tired and calm. His eyes were open but closing as I walked out the door. His face was familiar and hair disheveled...Best thing I've seen all week long.


In other news, second semester started on Wednesday and what a week it was. I was 30 minutes early to my first day of class, and 20 minutes late my second....In my defense I was late because the times were printed wrong. Walking to class isn't as pleasant as it was before Christmas mostly because it's so damn cold. Yesterday I could feel the insides of my nose freezing, I kid you not. Then, it thawed out, that was embarrassing, I looked like a sick 4 year old with snot rolling down his face but for me, it was water, not snot.

As cheesy as it sounds it seems to me that walking around my campus is a pretty poetic thing to do. To be able to pass people walking to their classes as you walk to yours (to me ) instills a sense of unity: You go to my school, you are my peer, I respect you and wish you the best in your college career.

Nothing beats a walk across the Admin lawn on a brilliantly blue winter morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger kidcardco said...

zzzzzz....

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're sick.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home