Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ode to my favorites

Hearts of gold and smiles nicely worn
The fruits of the spirit are what they adorn
Laughs that hug you and inflections that sooth
Together they sing a perfect tune
One's a woman and one's a man
With both, this girl's their biggest fan

Her eyes tell thousands of stories
And her squeaks produce a phrase
Being with her lightens
The saddest of my days
We laugh and shriek and cause a stir
Happiness is always our favorite cure
Sittin' on that truck, bearing our souls
Indulging in sunshine and ice cream in bowls

He's quiet and calm and subdued in his ways
Perhaps it will be a permanent phase
Despite his self, whether calm or insane
He's the reason so many of my smiles came
We push and we pull, we annoy and tease
He knows how to bother and knows what I need
He's my favorite spot to rest my head
This person makes a hungry heart feel fed


When united my heart is at peace and has joy
I don't know what I'd do without this girl and this boy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Oh, Idaho said...

Though this seems somewhat juvenile, I love this poem that I wrote.

12:20 AM  
Blogger kidcardco said...

I like it too!

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home