Tuesday, November 11, 2008

In a world gone mad, yer so bad.

I've realized one of my most prominent pet peeves--when I see a mom in a store trying to strike a deal with a child throwing a fit. I don't think at any point in life must you bribe a child in order for them to obey you. It's definitely the product of how ya raise them, but mark my words, you'll never see me bartering with one of my own kids to get them to calm down in a store...Never ever ever!

One of my friends brought a good word to my attention; textrovert- a person that experiences unusual bravery while texting while it is absent face to face. There are also emailverts, msnverts, and facebookverts. People hide behind screens a lot these days and he's very right, many save their bravery for a text/email/facebook message because they're scared. I said, "what if you're so extroverted in real life that it spills over into your texting?" He said it's possible but then persuaded me to think of how many people I know that are so brazen screen to screen but so careful face to face. The moral of the paragraph is to not be a texxtrovert unless you're willing to be a face to face extrovert.

That's it I suppose, that's my rant. I love you all.

p.s. 44 days!

Aloha

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow, "I'm so much cooler while texting" just doesn't have the same ring to it as "online"...

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow i've learned valuable things about myself today. Guess that just means I'm gonna have to be more brazenly flirtatious in face to face situations ;)

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home