Sunday, October 26, 2008

One more sunset maybe I'd be satisfied. But then again...

Do you remember the post I wrote from about two years ago of the old lady running up to me, telling me it was her birthday, and then skipping off into the bank? Well...I saw her yesterday! I was at the post office mailing some things for my boss and, just like that one year, she made herself known in the most adorable way. I felt a little tug on my earring so I looked down and she exclaimed, "They look like snowflakes!"(I don't think they do, but I'm not 90, either.). I laughed and said hello, and asked how her birthday was this year. She looked at me in surprise when I asked her, and then I told her about how she ran up to me and hugged me a couple years back and she laughed and remembered. She was 88 then, she's 90 now. This year I asked her how she's stayed so cheerful on her birthday and she said, "There's no reason not to be, it's the one day you get to be self centered!" . Awesome.

59 days, guys. Holy coooooooow


Aloha.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is AMAZING! I love stories like that. Kels you should work at the hospital all the old people would love you!

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UNTIL WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home