Friday, November 24, 2006

Mambo

Today as my dad and I drove to Pullman I was reminded of a memory. Passing all the new developments and the rode work on the pass from Moscow to Pullman, I remembered what my parents did for my sisters and me so many years ago.

To keep us kids from getting too bored in our tiny town, our parents would take us to the Best Western hotel for the weekend. EVEN though we lived in the town, we loved it just like we were on a vacation. I remember running through the halls of the hotel as fast as I could with my sisters down to the pool and chanting "ssh!ssh! qu-iet bar! ssh!ssh! qu-iet bar!" as we passed the tiny resturants in the hotel...one of them being named the Quiet Bar.

I was brought back to reality by my dad singing along to Aerosmith. We saw Happy Feet. Weird movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home