Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Thank God for happy Ladies

Today I was standing on the sidewalk waiting to cross, and I looked to my left towards pita pit, and this little old lady was running across the street...pretty well, I must add. So, I smiled and thought to myself, "awe, that's cute.". Two seconds later, I felt cold bifocals on my cheek and a little voice saying,"I'm 88 years old today!" I was being embrased by a senior citizen, a total stranger. She kept talking about how great life is and how happy she was that she could still use her legs and enjoy her beautiful birthday weather. We walked about 50 more steps, she told me to have a good life and to not take it for granted, then bounced into the bank.


What an amazing women. I hope I turn out like her in 69 years; still cheerful, still giving hugs, still loving life the most I can, and still freakin' out whenever it's my birthday.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kels if I know you at all, you'll be like that the rest of your life.........you love your birthday and everything else God has given you more than anyone I know.
~ann

9:43 PM  
Blogger kidcardco said...

Heck I'm almost that age right now!! I really should start enjoying b-day's more.

PS- Hi Anna : )

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Matt!:) You should sart enjoying birthdays more, but your not really THAT old!lol :)
~Ann

10:00 PM  
Blogger Oh, Idaho said...

Happy birthday to youuuuuu
Happy birthday to youuuuuu
Happy birthday Mattnaaaaannnnaaaaa
Happy birthday to youuuuuu


It's never too late(or early) to sing that song...unless they're dead.

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, what am I? Chopped liver? It's my unbirthday too you know. Yeah.
Becks

4:26 PM  
Blogger Oh, Idaho said...

who's becks? OOOO just kiddiiiiing.

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hurt, rejected, but otherwise laughing on the outside.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home