Monday, August 13, 2007

Those days were never too long and never too hot.

A cricket is now inhabiting some bushes outside of my window to the computer room. It's nice to have him here, he's very calming.
This summer was wonderful...Different from what I thought it was going to be like, but wonderful none the less. As school's approaching I'm getting excited but also a little hesitant. Another year to sink or swim; another year to do wonderfully or make it by the skin of my teeth; another year to participate in life or watch it sail bye. In all these instances I chose to swim, do wonderfully, and participate in life. My classes seem promising, and I have friends returning to me soon, I am excited. Yes, I chose to do well.
Some of my favorite parts of the summer were those that one'd find ordinary. Driving around in a topless Tempest at night, Perseid meteor watching with my lifeguards, being known around work as the best cleaner ever, having three jobs and loving each one, my sister coming home, my cousin's wedding, the 4th of July with my Trav, Finally meeting what could only be described as a figment of imagination until he's standing there right next to your best friend, my first in-service, touring strawberry fields, seeing Transformers and LOVING it, cars, roasting marshmallows on campus and getting my face nearly burnt off, meeting new boyfriends and approving, watching Sam get closer to his dream: even if that means saying goodbye, being completely vulnerable and surprisingly ok with it, and waking up every morning to the smell of a summer sun. I only get one summer 2007 and I'm squeezing out every ounce of fun from it that I possibly can while I still have time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recommend not skimming through this post. If you do, don't get on Kelsey's case for driving around topless...

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol thanks for the tip BECKY! Kels thought that was me that left your comment. hahahahaha, my reputation for skimming......who woulda thunk it?
Anna

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caught red-handed!
Becks

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home