Saturday, September 22, 2007

LSU's winning..Mom's cheerful :P

I think one of the most beautiful hymns of all time was one that was sung as the Titanic was sinking: Nearer My God to Thee. That, Be thou my vision, and Abide With Me are my favorite hymns of all time. So! On to the main point of this blog.:


Last night was my first choir concert of the year and I have a certain best friend who just joined and is now in it with me. Well, we were singin' our songs, and in one of the songs you have to grunt REALLY loud at the end...a big, fat "UGH!" My excited best friend apparently forgot that it was at the END of the song....right in the middle, in the only entirely quiet spot of the song, she lets out and UGH...I almost fell off the riser. I started laughing, I couldn't help it! It was so unexpected! I didn't know she had that much power in her voice! The very same thing had happened earlier to someone else when we were practicing and my conductor stopped the entire song to make fun of this overzealous grunter...and now, during the concert, first time she's ever sung for Jazz Choir I, she lets out a bellow in worst spot ever...but also the best spot ever cuz it was so audible...Maybe everyone in the audience thought it was a cough...Nah, too much laughter... ANYWAYS; So, while I'm trying to control my freak out on stage and she's turning bright red laughing with me I see my boyfriend in the VERRRRRRRY back of the recital hall laughing at the both of us. This didn't help my giggling cease, on the contrary, it made it worse. So there we were, the entire second soprano section losing it, Dan Bukvich grinning mischievously, my boyfriend hyperventilating from laughter, and a memory that I will bring up whenever I feel like embarrassing her for the rest of my life.;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO, SOOOOOOOOOOO bad!lol but hey my goal of getting Dan to laugh/chuckle during the concert was achieved, just not in the way I was hoping it would.
Oh so bad. And I have to go to practice today. wow

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home