Wednesday, March 28, 2007

REMEMBERING



...I'm doing it right now....So much, these things just keep coming to me. My first year at Montrose, My first friends I got there, the first time we all hung out, when I fell for my first guy there, how I kept falling until my heart couldn't take it anymore...Meeting my new youth pastor, meeting his family...Falling in love with his family...Befriending his children, going to him when I needed advice, falling asleep on their couch with Chad and Heather and Whitney screaming and laughing...Back to Montrose...Playing volleyball on Dayna's front yard...Jeff writing a list of good couples at school and then getting in trouble for it...Mark kissing me on the cheek as a dare, I didn't care, it made my night...2004, I meet my boys...Fall for Sam, unite with Daniel...Give up on Sam, still close as ever with Daniel...Fall for Daniel, don't tell Daniel...3 months later tell Daniel, he confesses the same thing...Still best friends...Hawaii! Calling people from home on the beach, missing Daniel,Chad, Anna, Dad, Samuel. Writing poems in the glow of a Hawaiian sunset....Working at the pool, Paul being my superior, Summer nights if 2006, sitting on main street with Joe and Caroline, Patty's Kitchen with Anna, country drives by myself, country drives with my sisters...The annual meteor shower.
I sometimes miss my memories to the point of wanting to cry, but these days I'm making new, different, wonderful memories. Some with the same people as above, some with totally new additions to my life. Whatever the case may be, wherever I go, every thing I love and remember will last forever in my mind even when life hides a rope for me to trip over...I'll fall on my face and it may hurt, but I've always been good at laughing at myself and that in itself is a covited skill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home