Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wide Open Spaces

S.A.D.=Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a form of depression most often associated with the lack of daylight in extreme northern and southern latitudes from the late fall to the early spring. I believe it, I have it right now actually. My mom the Christian psychologist diagnosed me last fall when I was moody and discontent around this time of the year.
For liking rain it's sure affecting my moods lately. I'm antsy and irritable. Granted those are also the signs of rabies and mad cow disease, but I'm pretty sure those are not my issue. Exercise usually works for me, but with my pulled tendon in my foot it's hard to do that to the greatest extent of my capabilities. The things that help are, of course riding in a car, summer music, and rehashing embarrassing/wonderful memories. It also doesn't hurt to find your favorite man and let him tell you how pretty ya are. Psalms and Proverbs work wonders on a persons mental state as well.
I have something I must get over. I've got to stop living in the past. If I'm enjoying a summer day it makes me miss a summer day from two years ago. If I'm sitting on campus on a fall day it makes me miss sitting on a beach in Hawaii. The only thing I am good at getting over now is the short-lived friendships I've experienced so many times...Those were given to me to give me memories, like ice cream for the soul...yet still I wonder: How am I so discontent? I donno, but I do know that if I want to live my life to the fullest I gotta start doing something with each day. SO, taking requests on acts to do each day. They can be outrageous, they can be sweet, but I promise if you request them, I'll most likely do them. Just remember I'm a sensitive Christian girl and I'm not gonna do anything mean to anyone. Woo!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha just give me some time Kels, I'll think up some really good ones for you.
ann

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You both should come visit me. We could go to the island, walk along the beach, look for sea glass, have soup with my relatives... Or there's always shopping in downtown Seattle - that is a rain-proof activity. :)

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home