Sunday, November 29, 2009

clear, dry day.

As I walked to the Psych building to turn in my paper about human brain development, I felt uneasy. It was not a cold feeling, though the wind went straight through my sweatshirt, but on the contrary, it felt as if my entire trunk had been put in a furnace for 10 seconds. Walking down to the basement, my heart started to race, and getting to the door I caught my breath.

My Psych teacher is by no means a scary man, he's fun and has good stories, and his class layout is helpful and promotes good grades. Why was I nervous?

I handed him my paper and said, "Thisprojectwasfunilikedit
itwasfuntodoilike psychology..." He looked at me and said, "well...good." and smiled politely. I existed briskly.

As soon as I left I felt better, but I also realized I've become somewhat afraid of talking to professors. HOW? WHY!? I am the same way when I go see my advisor, I get nervous.

I think I've written before about how sometimes it feels like some teachers are trying to make it harder for students to do well, not easier...well, I think that has infiltrated the makeup of my mind to the point of making me nervous around them even if they are wonderful teachers...this isn't good. I'm going to BE a teacher.

But I will be one that teaches out of respect and encouragement. I wont be lazy, I wont be judgmental, I wont be out to trick my students, and I wont be uninvolved. I most DEFINITELY will NOT have every piece of homework, and every test online. I hate online schooling. It has been my downfall and I HATE IT.

I'm having a wonderful day, nothing has gone wrong, lots of stuff has gone well, but I just hope I can get over this impractical anxiety around those that control my college career.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, kid. I think I have the same stigma against older men - authority figures ...and do often feel as though I am "existing" briskly around them ;)

9:43 AM  
Blogger Z said...

Hahahah. I had a good laugh at the transcript from the talk with your professor. And then I had a good laugh at myself for reading the blogs of people I don't even know, and leaving my thoughts on each one.

We're in it together,
Reed.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home