Sunday, April 09, 2006

For Cryin' out loud!

So, I had a Jazz Choir concert yesturday night in Sandpoint. We had busses chartered for us and we were all excited and happy to be going up.(We watched the movie "HOOK" on my bus.:-) )

The day was ok, kinda stressful because in a big group, people get confused about things that really don't need to be made confusing... but other than that, it was fun to get to hang out with people I don't usually see for more than an hour a day. The church folk made us dinner and that was EXCELLENT. Board games were played and the sounds of college kids yelling "JENGA!" and "YATZI!!" flooded the halls.

So, we all get up to the stage and do our thing, when suddenly, a few familiar faces start to act lame-ly to get my attention...It got it for sure, as well as the entire Bass section and anyone else that took their eyes off of Dan(which you're not suppose to do..haha), but it was the kind of attention that you
DON'T want to get. So I figured if I ignored them, they'd stop acting like little kids and be good like they were taught to do 16 years ago...Yeah, that sooo didn't work. I've never seen two 19 year olds act less grown-up than a 12 year old and a 16 year old. It was kinda saddening to see them do that all tryin' to be "funny", to tell you the truth.

During intermission, the little children came into the warm up room to say hey, but while they were saying hey, my Jazz Choir guy friends surrounded me and kept me safe from potentially uncomfortable situations by talking to me the entire time while IT watched.(NOTE:I didn't snub the restless wonders, just wasn't giving them praise for their behavior.) IT stared as my guy friends kept me preoccupied--they talked closer to me than they usually do, along with gentle pats on the back and sweet smiles. It had to be done, and I think it worked: IT became very quiet after that.



During the second half of the concert, my guardian angels got little glares and welcomed them with open arms. Unfortunately, mission accomplished.


It makes me sad that I need my other friends to flirt with me to get a point across, but sometimes it's the only thing that can be done and successfully prove a point. I love the routy friends, but there's a time and a place to goof off and a Dan Bukvich production isn't one of them.


It was a great concert, though. We had intense concentration and everyone just seemed to know what to do better than usual...That's how it seemed to me, anyways. I always get a little sadder after every concert because I know it's one more down...In May, we will have our last, and that's when Dan shakes the hands of those leaving, which ALWAYS makes me (and my dad) get teary eyed.




I like this whole college thing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhh that's evil..... but it's cool your jazz choir friends came through for you.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home